On those days when the weather is not so favourable (and not nearly as many as you might think!), there is plenty to enjoy in the ‘great indoors’. The Pitlochry area, and its smaller neighbouring ‘parish’ Blair Atholl, have many attractions close by. These include:
- The Atholl Country Collection Museum
- See how life used to be for the people of Atholl.
- The Blair Atholl Water Mill
- A restored working water mill dating from 1613. Also has a Coffee Shop with home cooking and baking.
- The Blair Atholl Distillery in Pitlochry is the oldest working distillery in Scotland. Edradour distillery, also in Pitlochry, is the smallest in Scotland.
- Clan Donnachaidh Centre
- 4 miles north of Blair Atholl, over 700 years of clan history is displayed. Museum and Shop.
If it’s too cold outside, then relax with a book or doze curled up in a comfy armchair in our spacious lounges – or experience that inner warmth which irresistible ranges of Scotch malts will bring. Or glow in the inner warmth of a Moulin ‘Braveheart’ Ale.